Sunday, February 15, 2009

CRAZY Week!

Where to begin? I usually don't post without pictures, but this has been a crazy week. I'm not sure how many of you knew this, but Brandon started MBA school this year. So in an effort to save money and not get into debt, we decided to sell our house. Just after Mylee was born, we got a decent offer. Everything was looking really good, so we moved in with Brandon's parents this past week since Brandon had the time of off work. So that was crazy just in itself, moving with a week old baby. Lucky for me, Brandon is a very hard and dedicated worker, and we pretty much got everything done by Friday- thanks to lots of help from family. :) Well, this morning we got a phone call because some idiot crashed into our house! Yes, that's right, after losing control of the car and taking out several of our neighbors mailboxes, this individual cut through our neighbors front yard, through the fence, and ended up on our front porch. But wait, it gets better. The people in the car decided that they could just hide the evidence. So they picked up the broken pieces of their car (and threw some of it in our trash can), took the pillars from our front porch that they knocked out and through them behind our trash can, and then pushed their car next door into the credit union parking lot, called a tow truck, and fled on foot. Lucky for us, there were footprints in the fresh snow and a little trail of blood so we could see exactly what they 'tried' to do. Some nice person driving by saw what was going on and called the police, and the police were able to capture these not so smart people. Anyways, I will update more about this later....

5 comments:

Gloria said...

That is the wildest thing I have heard!! I was going to say its a good thing you weren't there so now one was hurt, but hopefully the damage didn't pass the front porch! And hopefully the damage can get fixed so there isn't any trouble with the new owners moving in! Good luck!!

Ilez said...

Oh my gosh that's crazy! I'm glad you guys weren't there so you weren't hurt at all but hopefully everything gets fixed so you can move ahead with your plans!

Erin said...

Wow, Jody! That's insane! I'm glad they caught those kids! How much in damages?!? Good luck with everything-miss you!

Katie Warner said...

Jody, I can't believe that happened! I hope everything works out okay... I'll be waiting for more details!

Jamie said...

I really wish I had known this story when I saw you earlier! Definitely keep us updated:) Mylee is beautiful- it was fun to meet her. Glad we got to see ya!